at TerraConsult Environmenta Engineers in St Helens / Warrington
Project Manager for Waste Facility Construction in Turkey
(Temporary Contract which may extend to a Permanent Position)
TerraConsult are a multi-disciplinary environmental/engineering consultancy mainly operating within the UK, but with a growing portfolio of clients outside of the UK.
In recent times we have expanded into Turkey, in particular the waste management sector with landfill engineering and associated services.
At the moment we have a temporary vacancy for a civil/geotechnical engineer, to assist TerraConsult deliver the construction of an engineered containment landfill cell. The role is to primarily to project manage the works which are based on a site 120 kms from Izmir and will include the following duties;
• Review cell design, technical specification and BofQ prepared by TerraConsult.
• Prepare a contract in Turkish for issue as a tender to selected contractors.
• Assist with the tendering process.
• Liaison / Communication with client / operator.
• Assist with preparation of Project file for submission to regulator.
• Project Management of Cell Construction.
• Liaison with TerraConsult Site Engineer and Site Operations Advisor
The key requirements for the position are as follows:
• Educated to degree standard in civil/geotechnical engineering or similar.
• Excellent written and spoken skills in both Turkish and English.
• Good understanding of earthworks engineering.
• Strong understanding of Turkish formal construction contracts and contract law.
• Ability to manage multi-phase construction projects with due consideration to cost and time.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety issues along with mitigation of risk.
• Ability to work independently.
• Have around 10 years appropriate experience.
In addition to the above it would be an advantage if the candidate had experience of constructing landfills, particularly where these involved the use of composite clay and artificial (eg HDPE) liners.
In return for the above we offer a competitive package, which will include a salary commensurate with experience along with expenses.
If you are interested please send a cv to: email@example.com
Note: Recruiters should never request bank account details or any kind of payment upon applying for a job or during the application process.
Should you receive a request for such information or believe a recruiter has acted inappropriately in relation to your application, please Contact Us with details of the recruiter and the position being advertised. We advise candidates to fully check the nature of any vacancy before attending an interview as we cannot be responsible for the accuracy of vacancies posted on this site.